Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hunting dog classic portrait

My client sent me a photo of her husband's hunting dog sitting in their backyard with a fence behind him. I 'moved' the dog from that scene into a classic hunting scene at the client's request. The dog is her husband's hunting companion, and this outdoor scene suited him perfectly. The dog was drawn in graphite pencil, the background was done in pastel chalks, and the grasses were done in pastel chalks and Lyra colored pencils. My client was completely thrilled.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Darla,

You do beautiful work! I am a fellow cp artist just starting the blogging/website thing. I just signed up to follow and subscribe to your blog, would you mind following/subscribing to mine? Thanks so much, Susan

DD said...

Thanks Susan!